Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mother and daughter portrait.

This is a portrait of Lolet (mother) and Joy, my neighbors and friends.
If you're wondering why I am posting so many charcoal portraits today, it's because these represent some of the work I have done recently, and also because I'm practicing uploading photos. I'm trying to learn the strange relationship (strange to me) among Blogger, Picasa, AOL, Google, Safari, Firefox, and my computer. I still can't figure out exactly what's going on.

2 comments:

Scott Hulme said...

This is amazing stuff, Bruce! The execution is incredible. Also I really enjoy how you fade off into that basic tone around the bottom of the clothing. It's a great reminder that we're looking at something that was brought forth from basic marks on a blank page...

Bruce Hedges said...

Thanks, Scott. I always want my hand to show through in my art. I often get tighter than I want, but I'm trying to achieve a nice blend of impressionism and realism.