Sunday, May 26, 2013

Amina






This is charcoal with just a little white chalk, on Daler Rowney Canford Imperial drawing paper (Barley color). 10 3/4 x 6 1/2 inches. (This info is for artists.)

 I enjoy nostalgia, and the 1930's have some interesting scenes and special appeal for me. Amina, a student at 3 Kicks art studio in Pasadena, is the model.

When I show it at a gallery, I'm thinking of a title like Magnifique or Excellente, or something equally cliched. It might be corny, or it might be a good fit. I need to think about it.

3 comments:

Brad said...

Rachel and I enjoy the same time period, Bruce, and we love this drawing.

It certainly is "Magnifique"!

Bruce Hedges said...

Thanks, Brad. The 1920's and 30's just appeal to me for some reason. I've always had a sense of nostalgia about that period, and this lovely lady in a fancy hotel lobby seemed to be a nice way to represent the decade.

Unknown said...

Perfection!